Technology - Advantages
VACUUM TUBE COLLECTOR - ADVANTAGES
1. Heat absorptions from the infrared rays of solar radiation instead of the visible light rays, so during winter and cloudy days, the system absorbs infrared rays as usual.
2. Heat absorbing surface is always perpendicular to sunlight because of spherical collectors 3. Heating continues till late evening
3. Heating continues till late evening
4. It gives 10°C higher temperature of hot water in winter & Cloudy days.
5. The vacuum inside the collector tubes vastly reduces overnight heat loss
6. Salt or scale formation when using hard water will be reduced
7. Scale deposits slide off the smooth glass walls to accumulate at the bottom from where they can be easily removed.
8. Installation of the system is very easy
9. Area required for installation will be very less
10. Incase of damage to the collector tubes, individual tube can be replaced.
FLAT PLATE - ADVANTAGES
Heating from infrared rays of solar radiation
Greater absorption area per day
Better performance in winter & on cloudy days. Up to 10℃ higher temperature
Maintance free, easy to clean
Compact size - low height & lesser space required for installation.
Unobstructed sunlight on a flat or slopping roof
Close to the bathrooms to avoid long piping & heat losses
A water tank at a minimum of 2.5m (7 ft) above roof level
Flat plate collector with copper fins coated in black for maximum absorption of solar radiation and effective heat transfer
Pressure pump compatible 5 bar pressure rating